- 5 3/4cupsflour
- 2packagesactive dry yeast
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- Measure and combine 3°C flour, yeast,sugar, salt, and soda.
- Heat milk and water to 120 to 130 degrees.
- Add to dry mixture, beat well.
- Stir in enough of the additional flour to make a very stiff batter.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans sprinkle tops with a little remaining corn meal.
- Cover and let raise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool store in plastic container or bags for freshness.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »