- 2cupscooked white rice
- 2cups cookedblack beans
- 1/2cupbean stock or chicken stock, if bean not available
- 1/2onion, chopped
- 1bell pepper, chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, chopped
- 2tablespoonsfresh coriander, chopped
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- heavy cream, as desired topping
- Fry onion and bell pepper in the vegetable oil, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute a bit more.
- Pour in the beans and the stock, bring to a simmer.
- Avoid the mixture drying up.
- Add in the rice and stir thoroughly, gently.
- Don’t mash the beans!
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Right before serving, stir in the coriander, and top with heavy cream if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »