- 2quarts peeled cored choppedgreen tomatoes
- 1quart peeled cored chopped ripetomatoes
- 1quart coarsely choppedcabbage
- 3cups choppedonions
- 2cups choppedcelery
- 1cup peeled and choppedcucumbers
- 1cup choppedgreen bell peppers
- 1cup choppedred bell peppers
- 1/2cuppickling salt
- 4cups firmly packedbrown sugar
- 1tablespooncelery seeds
- 1tablespoonwhole mustard seeds
- 1tablespoonground cinnamon
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 1/2teaspoonground cloves
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a very large bowl; gently stir to combine.
- Add pickling salt; stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit in a cool place for 12-18 hours; drain well and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a 10-quart stock pot; simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable mixture; simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Immediately ladle relish into hot sterilized jars; leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cover with lids and make sure bands are screwed on tightly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »