- 1mediumeggplant, peeled or unpeeled,sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 1/4teaspoonskosher salt
- 4sliceswhite bread
- 3tablespoonstomato paste(sun-dried tomato paste is best)
- 1/3cupfresh goat cheese
- 1/4cup freshly gratedparmesan cheese
- Lightly brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt; place the eggplant on a heated grill (indoor or outdoor) and cook until browned and softened, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 1/2 tsp of tomato paste; spread 2 slices with the goat cheese and top the cheese with the grilled eggplant slices; top the eggplant with a second slice of bread, tomato past side down; brush the outside of the sandwiches with more olive oil and then pat about 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan onto the outside of each piece of bread- the cheese should stick to the bread.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet; place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until the Parmesan has browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »