- 1lbeggplants, peeled and chopped
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 2eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2tablespoons chopped cannedgreen chilies
- hot sauce, to taste
- 3/4cup shreddedextra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4cup shreddedmonterey jack cheese
- 1/3cupcracker crumbs
- 1tablespoonbutteror margarine, melted
- commercialpicante sauceor salsa
- Add water to a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Add in eggplant and onion; cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain well; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, green chiles, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Add in eggplant mixture; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a 1-quart casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cracker crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Serve with picante or salsa.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »