- 3tablespoons finely choppedonions
- 1/3cupchopped tomatoes
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 1tablespoon choppedfresh basil
- 1/2-1teaspoon mincedgarlic
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1/4teaspoonsalt, to taste
- 1/4teaspoonpepper, to taste
- French bread, sliced toasted
- 3/4cupGreek olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2teaspoonsDijon mustard
- To make Tapenade: mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- To make caviar: Prick the eggplant with a fork several times.
- Put eggplant on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until skin starts to darken and pulp feels soft.
- Let eggplant cool.
- Peel the eggplant and chop into coarse chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped eggplant and the next 9 ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve the caviar with tapenade and toasted french bread.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »