- 2eggs, beaten
- 1/3cupsour cream
- 2teaspoonsrum extract
- 1cupwhite sugar
- 1teaspoonpure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup softenedbutter
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoon freshground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan or three 3 by 5 inch loaf pans.
- Blend together the eggs.
- eggnog, sourcream, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten, pour into prepared pan.
- Bake bread in large pan for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Breads baked in the smaller pans require 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan or pans.
- Cool completely, wrap tightly and store in refridgerator.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »