- 100gicing sugar
- 10glemon zest
- 1vanilla bean
- 100gground hazelnuts
- 10gbaking powder
- 180gwhipping cream
- 150gcarrots, washed, peeled and grated
- 3-5 wholewalnuts, to garnish
- In a large bowl, whip together the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Add the ground hazelnut to the flour and mix well.
- Now, mix in this flour-hazelnut mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add the whipped cream and mix well.
- Next, stir in the raisins and carrots.
- Grease and flour a seven inch cake tin now.
- Pour the prepared mixture into it.
- Alternatively, use well greased and dusted individual muffin molds.
- Put the whole walnuts over the cake.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.
- If baking in individual muffin molds, you may dip the tops in melted chocolate and by doing so, you’ll be retaining the moisture in the cake for a longer period of time.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »