- 2 1/2cupsshort-grain rice, washed until water runs clear and drained(Japanese variety, NOT glutinous)
- 2 1/2cupswater
- 1-2 matsutakemushroom, cleaned,shredded lengthwise,and soaked in a mild salt water solution for 10 minutes
- 1/4-1/2cupcarrots, small dice
- 4tablespoons sakerice wine
- 4tablespoonssoy sauce
- Put rice and water in a rice cooker and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add matsutake, carrots, soy sauce, and sake in the rice cooker and turn on the switch to start.
- After rice cooker turns off, gently mix the rice to distribute the goodies on the top.
- Cover the rice.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Optional: I also add one abura-age (fried tofu), rinsed, squeezed, and sliced into thin strips when I put in the matsutake.
- Sometimes, I’ll also include a bit of diced chicken as well.
- During the resting time, I sprinkle a few frozen green peas on the top of the rice to add a bit of color just mixing them in before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »