- 5largepeaches, pealed & sliced or2 (16ounce)packagesfrozen peaches
- 1pintfresh blueberriesor frozen blueberries
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspooncinnamon, to taste
- 1egg, beaten
- 1/2cupbutter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter a 9 inch deep dish pie plate or other casserole.
- In a large bowl, mix fruit and cinnamon.
- Pour fruit into pie plate or casserole.
- Put flour& sugar into a food processor& pulse to mix.
- Turn on food processor and SLOWLY add beaten egg through feed tube.
- Mix just until the consistency of damp sand.
- If over processed, a dough will form.
- You DO NOT want this!
- Sprinkle flour, sugar, egg mixture over fruit.
- Jiggle pan slightly to settle topping, but do not pack down.
- Slowly drizzle melted butter over topping.
- Bake crisp on a foil lined baking sheet for 30- 45 minutes.
- Crisp should be bubbley& deep golden brown.
- Check after 30 minutes.
- If not browned continued to check every 5-10 minutes until desired doneness& color.
- Serve warm, either plain or with vanilla ice cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »