- 2cups day oldcorn muffins, crumbled or breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2lbsground turkey(not turkey breast, too dry)or ground beef
- 20ounces mild or mediumenchilada sauce, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4ounces shreddedMexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cornbread, ground turkey or beef, 1/2 cup sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into cocktail sized meatballs and place on a large jelly roll pan or baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, shaking the pan a few times to allow the meatballs to brown evenly.
- While the meatballs are heating, heat the remaining sauce until piping hot.
- Place the meatballs in a chafing dish, crockpot, or saucepan over low heat.
- Add the sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »