- 8hot Italian sausages or italian sweet sausage(if you prefer)
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1largeonion, halved and sliced
- 2largered peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1pinchcrushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- 8Italian rolls
- mustard (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and cook, turning frequently.
- You want them browned all over and this takes about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and stir up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Then after another 2 minutes, add the peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- After lowering the heat cook for another 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »