- 4garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2cupolive oil
- 1teaspoontomato puree
- 3 ripetomatoes or400 gcanned tomatoes
- 2tablespoonsfresh parsleyor dried parsley
- 1vegetable stock cube
- 1/2lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2bay leaves
- Chop the onion finely and sauté in the olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes into slices, add them and the lemon juice to the onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add half of the water and all the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the potatoes are done (adding the rest of the water if necessary) and until the sauce has reduced.
- *note*I notice that it depends on the brand of canned tomatoes, but if I use certain brands there is a lot of”juice” and so I omit the water from the recipe because otherwise the sauce becomes too thin.
- Another *note* the origonal recipe calls for 1 1/12 cups of olive oil, but I cut it down to just half a cup to make things healthier.
- Also, cooking time varies with variety of potato and size of your slices, I’ve given an estimate.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »