- 1 (28 ounce)canwhole tomatoes, slightly drained(do not use diced tomatoes for this)
- 2tablespoonsbutter(or to taste)
- 1teaspoonsaltor seasoning salt
- 3-5teaspoonssugar(or to taste)
- 1celery, chopped
- 1smallonion, finely chopped
- Tabasco sauceor hot sauce(optional add in if you like spicy)
- 2 1/2tablespoonscornstarch(mixed with cold water to create a paste, optional if you want a thicker texture then use)
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil (except the water and cornstarch)breaking up the tomatoes slightly with a fork.
- Adjust salt and sugar to taste.
- Simmer on low heat for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the cornstarch/water mix and simmer for another 15 minutes (if you want a thicker consistancy add in more cornstarch mixed with water).
- Cool and divide into freezer-safe containers.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »