- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1 (19 ounce)canenchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce)canblack beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (11 ounce)canMexican-style corn, drained
- 1teaspoonfajita seasoning mixor chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce)package6-inch corn tortillas
- 3cups choppedcooked chicken(** see note)
- 12ounces shreddedfour-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Saute onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with one-third of tortillas, half of chicken, and 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers with one-third each of sauce mixture and tortillas, remaining chicken, and 1 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- **NOTE:2 pounds cooked lean ground beef, may be substituted.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »