- 6-7lbsturkey breast, thawed, if frozen
- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 1/2cup choppedcelery
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2cupchicken broth
- turkey broth, from crock pot
- 2 (14 ounce)canschicken broth
- Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey breast.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper and place in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour broth over turkey, cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove turkey to serving platter, cover with foil to keep warm while making gravy.
- Place liquid in saucepan after straining out veggies, and add 1 to 2 cans chicken broth- depending on how much gravy you want to make.
- In a covered jar, shake together the flour mixed with about 1/2 to 1 cup of water until smooth- or you can whisk it in a bowl.
- When liquid comes to a boil, slowly stir in flour mixture, adding just enough to thicken it to your liking.
- Cook until it bubbles and thickens, stirring often.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »