- 1lblean ground beef(can use ground turkey if you like)
- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 1clovegarlic, minced or pressed (optional)
- 1/2teaspoonchili powder(I like mine spicy and use a little more)
- 2cups shreddedmonterey jack cheese(or cheese of your choice)
- 1cupdiced tomatoes
- 1cup dicedjalapenosor green chilies (optional)
- 4largewheat flour tortillas
- oil, for frying
- Brown together the ground beef or turkey, onion and garlic in a heavy frying pan over medium heat, until meat looses pinkness.
- Add salt and chili powder to meat, mixing well.
- Put 1/2 cup of the ground beef filling, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of tomatoes onto one half of each tortilla adding your jalapeno/green chilies now if you want to use them.
- Fold the other half of tortilla over and press to remove any air pockets.
- Heat oil in pan to medium high, and when hot, place filled tortillas into the pan 1 or 2 at a time, size of pan permitting.
- Saute over medium high heat until golden brown on each side, approximately 45 seconds per side.
- Remove and place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Cut into wedges and serve!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »