- 1cupwhipping cream(can sub. milk)
- 6tablespoonsunsalted butter, very soft,cut up
- 2teaspoons goodvanilla(don’t buy the immitation stuff)
- 1/2teaspoonrum extract
- 1 1/4cupsBaker’s angel flake sweetened coconut
- In mixer, (or whisk a lot), the eggs, cream, sugar, flour, butter, vanilla, rum extract and salt.
- Scrape bowl, and mix or whisk again til very well mixed.
- Add coconut, and mix/whisk in well.
- Pour into a 9″ or 10″ deep-dish greased pie plate.
- Bake at 350º for 50-55 minute or til set.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
- ***Thispie tends to juice over just a bit, I put it on the rack in center of oven, then on the rack below, I put a little foil just slightly bigger than the pie plate to catch the juice.
- Pie will sink slightly after cooling a bit.
- Good with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream when served slightly warm!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »