- 1lbshrimp, shelled,deveined and cleaned
For the Mixture
- 1/4cupdesiccated coconut
- 1mediumred onion or white onion(works too)
- 3/4tablespoonpeppercorns(vary depending on your taste for pepper)
- 1/2tablespooncoriander seeds
- 3/4tablespoon indiangaram masala powder(available at Indian store)
- 1tablespooncoriander powder
- 1tablespoon deggipaprika(available at Indian store)
- 1tablespoonMadras curry powder(Indian store again)
- 6ouncescoconut milk(reserve the other half for adding to the curry at the end)
- Grind the ingredients listed for the mixture together in a blender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a wok.
- Add the blended mixture to the wok and cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cleaned shrimp to this mixture along with one and a half cups of water.
- Cover and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes till the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add the remaining can of coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Top off with chopped coriander.
- That’s it!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »