- 1 (18 1/4 ounce)boxyellow cake mix
- 6mediumtart apples, cored and peeled.(I like Granny Smith)
- 2tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- 1/2cup meltedbutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine apple slices with sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cake mix over the top.
- Toss until apples are completely coated.
- Spoon 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray (I like to use the butter flavored).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining cake mix in medium bowl.
- Dribble 1/2 cup melted butter over the top.
- Toss until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle over partially cooked apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer or until the top is puffed and yellow.
- Serve warm, with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »