- 1-2lbboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (18 ounce)jar of your favoritebarbecue sauce(I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
- 1mediumsweet onion, sliced
- 4-6hamburger buns
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you’re like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- An easy weeknight meal that doesn’t heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »