- 1cupslivered almonds
- 1cupbutter(do not substitue margarine)
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- 12ouncesmilk chocolate chips
- 1cup finely groundwalnuts
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place almonds in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Cook butter, sugar, water, vanilla and salt in a heavy saucepan over high heat, stirring mixture constantly, 15-18 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310 degrees.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over almonds (do not scrape the pan).
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate morsels and spread evenly to 1/2 inch from sides.
- Sprinkle with ground walnuts.
- Let stand until firm.
- Break into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
- (The toffee mixture will not coat the entire baking sheet).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »