- 5 1/2cups siftedflour
- 6teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1cupCrisco cooking oil
- 3teaspoonslemon extract
- milk(if necessary)
- 1 (1 lb)boxconfectioners’ sugar
- 2teaspoonslemon extract
- colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Form the dough into small one-inch balls.
- If dough in dry and crumbly add a bit of milk at a time to get it to the right consistency.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake till golden brown.
- Frosting: Add milk to the confectioners sugar.
- You do not want a watery consistency nor a cake frosting consistency, but just thick enough to have some remain on the cookie and drizzle (slowly) down the sides.
- Add the extract.
- Mix well.
- Dip top of ball into the frosting and allow to sit for a few seconds before topping with sprinkles.
- If allowed to dry, sprinkles will not adhere.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »