- 1 (2 lb)bag of o’brianfrozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2-2cupssharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4cupcreamor half-and-half
- Spray a large, deep loaf pan with non-stick oil spray.
- Layer frozen potatoes and cheese, making three layers, and ending with cheese.
- Pour cream or half& half evenly over all.
- Cover pan with foil and seal well.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour, removing foil for last 15 minutes.
- I don’t usually add salt before baking as most cheddars are fairly salty.
- This can be varied by using different cheeses such as swiss, blue, smoked gouda, etc.
- You can also use plain hash browns if you don’t like the onion/green pepper taste.
- I’ve never made this using the low-fat/non-fat versions of cheese or cream, but I wouldn’t recommend subbing them.
- The glory of this recipe is its decadence.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »