- 1 1/2cupswhole milk
- 1cuplight cream
- 1/2cupsweetened condensed milk
- 1ouncewalnut liqueuror Amarettoor Frangelico
- 5 earl greytea bagsor loose tea
- 4teaspoonsgelatin powder(for panna cotta)or2 largeeggs
- Combine first four ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat slowly to a simmer while stirring occasionally.
- As the mixture comes to a simmmer, add the earl grey and remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to steep for five to six minutes.
- Strain, if using loose tea.
- If making Panna Cotta, Sprinkle gelatin on top and allow to sit for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then return to heat and bring to a simmer while stirring, remove from heat.
- If making Creme Anglaise, return pot to heat and whisk the eggs in a seperate bowl.
- Add warm milk mixture to eggs slowly while whisking constantly.
- Continue adding more and more warm liquid while whisking until the egg/milk mixture is hot to the touch, then dump the mixture back in the pot of remaining milk mixture, heat to a simmer and creme coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
- Ladle warm panna cotta or creme anglaise into martini glasses or clear teacups.
- Chill until set.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »