- 1 (9 ounce)boxchocolate wafers, cookies,broken
- 3ouncessemisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped(not unsweetened)
- 7tablespoonsunsalted butter, melted,hot
- 12ouncessemisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate, chopped(not unsweetened)
- 2lbscream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3/4cupssugar
- 1/4cupwhipping cream
- 1/2cupunsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 1teaspoonpeppermint extract
- 1/2cupsour cream
- 12fresh mint leaves
- For crust:.
- Finely grind cookies, chocolate and sugar in processor.
- Add butter; blend until crumbs begin to stick together.
- Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- For filling:.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs 1 at time, beating just until incorporated.
- Add melted chocolate, cream, cocoa powder and extracts and beat just until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until center is just set, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to rack and cool 20 minutes.
- Run small sharp knife around top edge of pan to loosen.
- For toppings:.
- Combine sour cream and sugar in bowl.
- Spoon sour cream topping over cheesecake.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Chill cheesecake until cold, at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »