- 1teaspoonblack pepper
- 1/2teaspooncayenne pepper
- 3tablespoonschili powder
- 1/2-3/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 2lbs slicedlean beef(I use the beef labeled as “fajita meat”)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and really rub the dry ingredients into the grain of the meat; really get it worked in Cover and marinate overnight.
- If you have a dehydrator, by all means use it.
- My oven method: Place aluminum foil on oven rack.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F (that’s as low as my oven will go–).
- Put meat on baking racks then set on the foiled oven rack to dry.
- Prop the oven door open with an oven mitt to allow moisture to escape.
- In my oven, it takes about 7 hours for complete drying; slightly less if you use very thin slices (mine are about 1/4 inch thick).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »