- 1/2cup coarsely choppeddried figs, plus
- 3tablespoons finely diceddried figs
- 1/2cupapple juice
- 2teaspoons mincedfresh thyme leaves
- 2teaspoons toastedblack mustard seedsor yellow mustard seeds
- 1 1/2tablespoons mincedshallots
- 6tablespoonssherry wine vinegar
- 1cupolive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine the 1/2 cup of chopped figs with 1 cup of water and the shallots in a saucepan over hight heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add the apple juice and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and whisk in the thyme, mustard seeds, vinegar, olive oil and the 3 TBS of diced figs.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- If the dressing seems too thick, you can thin it with additional juice.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »