- 5cupswhole wheat flour
- 3/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 1 1/2cups pureed ripebananas
- 1/2teaspoonmaple extract
- 2-3tablespoonsbrown sugar, to taste (optional)
- 1egg, for egg wash
- 1cuprolled oats(NOT quick oats)
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a NON-stick baking/cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and the baking soda.
- Add in the egg, oil, pureed banana and the maple flavoring; stir until lumpy.
- Add in water 1 tsp at a time as needed, to make a workable dough.
- Knead the dough by hand on a flat surface until mixed thoroughly.
- Form into 2 logs.
- Flatten so that the logs are 6-7-inches wide BY 1-ich high.
- With a pastry brush cover the logs on both sides with egg wash; then roll in the oats.
- Place on a non-stick (ungreased) baking/cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes.
- Slice the biscotti in 1/2- 3/4-inch (or whatever width size you desire).
- Place the slices back on the baking sheets.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- When completely cool, store in zipper storage bags, or an air-tight container.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »