- 2pints sliceddill pickles, drained,reserving 2/3 cup pickle juice
- 1largeegg, lightly beaten
- 1/2teaspoonhot sauce
- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2 1/2teaspoonsground red pepper
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Drain pickles well.
- (Don’t forget to reserve 2/3 cup of the juice).
- Press pickles between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine the pickle juice with egg, 1 TBs flour and hot sauce; stir well and set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients; stir well.
- Dip pickles in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches if using skillet.
- Fry coated pickles in hot oil, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »