- 4mediumpotatoes(peeled or unpeeled, your preference)
- 1tablespoon mincedgarlic, for potato water (optional)
- 3-4tablespoonsDijon mustardor grainy mustard
- 1tablespoon mincedgarlic
- 1/4cupparmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cut potatoes into quarters, cover with water and optional garlic and boil until tender- I used red potatoes with skin on.
- Alternatively, steam potatoes and garlic together.
- Just before potatoes are done, combine milk, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until well mixed in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and heat in microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring half way until heated through.
- Drain potatoes, return to pot and mash lightly.
- Add butter, salt, pepper and mash again.
- Slowly add hot milk and mustard mixture, mashing until the potatoes are creamy and your preferred consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese, mix and serve!
- NOTE- make sure you get some of the mustard grains in when you mash the potatoes.
- The grains may separate a bit if you pour the milk mixture in, so you might want to spoon in the milk and mustard mixture.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »