- 6cups skinless and bonelesscooked chicken or cooked turkey, cut into bite size pieces
- freshly groundwhite pepper
- 1tablespoonlight olive oil
- 3tablespoonsfresh lemon juice
- 1/2cup choppedfresh parsley
- 1teaspoon finely cuttarragon leaves or1/4 teaspoon fragrantdried tarragon
- 1cup tendercelery, diced
- 1/2cupscallions or mildonions, minced
- 3/4cup choppedwalnuts (optional)
- 3/4cupmayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1headromaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2hard-boiled eggs
- fresh parsley
- 3-5slices of redpimentos
- Season the chicken or turkey in a large mixing bowl with the salt, pepper, and oil.
- Add lemon juice, herbs, celery, onions, romaine and optional walnuts- mix well.
- Taste and add more salt/pepper/lemon juice if required.
- Let mixture marinate for at least 10 minutes, tossing several times.
- Drain any accumulated liquid out of the salad, then fold in just enough mayonnaise to coat the ingredients.
- Garnish before serving, if desired.
- Note: Salad may be prepared a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »