- 1 (4 lb)roasting chickens
- 1teaspoonchili powder
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 2teaspoonsblack pepper
- 1teaspoononion powder
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- your favoritebarbecue sauce (optional)
- Rinse chicken and place inside plastic freezer or ziplock bag.
- Mix up spices in a small bowl, pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and shake it to distribute spice evenly over chicken.
- Place chicken in fridge overnight.
- Either put chicken on spit in rotissiere and set for approximately 90 minutes, or put chicken on rack in roasting pan and cook in oven at 350 F for approximately 90 minutes, or until temperature registers 180 F on meat thermometer.
- Let sit on cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve into thin slices, and serve with warmed barbecue sauce on the side if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »