- 5ouncescake flour
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 2lbsboneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch square pieces(larger if desired)
- 2cups gratedcoconut
- 1cupall-purpose flour(more if needed for coating the chicken)
- oil, for deep-frying
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees, in a heavy pot, or deep fryer.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk and the beer; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt; add to the buttermilk/egg mixture, mix well (batter should have the consistancy of a thin pancake batter).
- Dredge the chicken pieces into the all-purpose flour.
- Then dip into the buttermilk mixture to coat.
- Then roll into the coconut.
- Deep fry until a light golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »