- 2tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 4teaspoonscurry powder
- 3-4cupscauliflower florets, to your taste
- 1large all-purposepotato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1cupfrozen peas
- 4cupschicken stockor vegetable stock
- 1/2cup cannedcrushed tomatoesor tomato puree
- 1/2cupsour cream
- 3tablespoonsunbleached all-purpose flour
- Heat oil in a medium-size soup pot over moderate heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and curry powder and cook over low heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables, stock, tomatoes and salt, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to moderately low, and cover.
- Simmer just until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk the sour cream and flour together in a small bowl.
- Add a ladleful of the broth to the mixture and whisk again.
- When the vegetables are tender, stir the sour cream mixture into the soup.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes; don’t worry if there are small lumps of flour in the soup, they should cook out.
- Briefly whisking the broth might help.
- Taste the soup before serving, adding a bit more salt, if necessary.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »