- 3cupsgarbanzo beans
- 1teaspoonground coriander
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 1teaspoonground turmeric
- 1/4teaspoon hotred chili powder, to taste
- 3/8teaspoonground cloves
- 3/8teaspoonground cinnamon
- 3-4clovesgarlic, chopped
- 1/3teaspoonground ginger
- 2tablespoonslemon juice, to taste
- 1tablespoonfresh cilantro, chopped,to taste
- 1tomato, diced
- In 1/2 inch of water, stir the spices and heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the garbanzos and just enough water to barely cover them.
- Stir well, mash a few with a potato masher or fork.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened, stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice, the cilantro and tomato.
- Taste and correct seasonings if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »