- 1boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1/2mediumonion, finely chopped
- 2stalkscelery, sliced thin
- 1mediumcarrot, sliced thin
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoondried basil
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes, undrained
- 1cuptri-color spiral pasta
- salt and pepper
- In medium saucepan, saute the chicken, onion, celery, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the flour and mixing well.
- Gradually add broth, tomatoes, carrot slices, seasonings and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until carrot is crisp tender.
- Add pasta, return to boil and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper to personal taste, serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »