- 4quartspickling cucumbers
- 6cupswhite vinegar
- 2teaspoonscelery seeds
- 2sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1green pepper, chopped
- Put cleaned and trimmed cucumbers, onions and celery through a grinder or food processor.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and let stand overnight.
- Next day drain well. (I squeeze out the extra liquid using a tea towel.)
- Combine ground vegetables with 5 cups of the vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery seed, red and green peppers.
- In a large pot bring mixture to the boil for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour with remaining 1 cup vinegar and add this mixture to the pot.
- Boil for a few minutes constantly mixing until thickened.
- Put up relish in sterile jars and seal as per jar instructions.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »