- 1 1/2tablespoonsbutter
- 3tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- 1 1/4teaspoonssalt
- 1teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- 3lbspotatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1smallonion (optional)
- 1 1/2cupschicken stock
- 1cupwhipping cream
- 1tablespoonDijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a small pan, melt butter.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and saute briefly.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the flour mixture evenly over the potatoes and top with 1/2 of onions (if desired).
- Top with remaining third of potatoes and flour mixture.
- Mix together Chicken stock, whipping cream and mustard.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour at 400°F.
- Turn oven down to 350°F.
- Lightly spread the bread crumb mixture over the top and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »