- 1 (3 lb)chickens, skin removed and quartered
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1cuponions, chopped
- 1smallgreen bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cupcelery, chopped
- 1/3-1/2cupdried currants
- 1 (16 ounce)canwhole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2teaspoons good qualitycurry powder(or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4cupslivered almonds, toasted
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crock pot, you may brown the parts if you wish.
- Heat olive oil and briefly saute garlic, onions, green bell pepper, celery and curry powder.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the almonds.
- Stir to combine then pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low setting for 6 hours or less.
- Serve over basmati rice and sprinkle with almonds.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »