- 3cupshot water
- 3teaspoonsbeef bouillon
- 2cups choppedcabbage
- 1 (15 ounce)canyellow hominy, drained
- 1 (7 ounce)can mincedmild green chilies, with liquid
- 1cup mincedyellow onions
- 2stalkscelery, chopped
- 2teaspoons mincedroasted garlic
- 1/2cup choppedroasted red peppersor yellow bell peppers
- 1/8teaspoonfresh ground black pepper, to taste(or black or pink or green mixture)
- 2teaspoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 1lb freshchorizo sausage, removed from the skin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In the crock pot on high temperature, dissolve the bouillon in the hot water.
- Add the cabbage, hominy, chiles, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Over a high temperature in a skillet, saute the unskinned chorizo sausage in olive oil until browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chorizo to the crock pot.
- Simmer on high for 3 to 4 hours, or until it has reached the texture you prefer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.
- Serve along with nice crusty bread or- even better- cornbread!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »