- 2lbsground beef
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce)cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 (30 ounce)jarspaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce)canskidney beans, drained
- 3tablespoonschili powder
- 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 3/4cup shreddedcheddar cheese
- 1/2cupyellow cornmeal
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1egg, beaten
- 1 1/2tablespoonscooking oil
- Fry ground beef and onions in a large pan until beef loses its pinkness; drain.
- Place in crock pot with remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Simmer on low for 7 hours, then turn to high setting.
- To make dumplings, combine flour, cheddar cheese, cornmeal, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix beaten egg, milk, and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Drop dumplings by tablespoonfuls into chili.
- Cover and cook for 50-60 minutes more.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »