- 1cup uncookedlong-grain rice
- 2cups choppedcooked chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce)canscream of mushroom soupor cream of chicken soupor cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce)cansliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce)cansliced mushrooms, drained
- 1cup choppedcelery
- 1smallonion, chopped
- 1/2cupsliced almonds
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1cup crushedcornflake cereal
- choppedfresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir together cooked rice and next 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cereal.
- Bake at 350?
- for 30 minutes (I bake it longer) or until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired.
- Thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350?
- for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »