- 2cupsspaghetti(broken in half)
- 4-6slicesbacon, diced
- 1smallonion, chopped
- 1smallgreen bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4cloves fresh mincedgarlic (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce)canItalian-style tomato sauce(Hunt’s is good)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce)cancondensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce)canmushrooms, drained
- 1-1 1/2cup cooked cubedham or cooked chicken(I prefer ham)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce)canwhole kernel corn, drained
- 2-3tablespoons gratedparmesan cheese (optional)
- 8ounces shreddedcheddar cheese(or more if desired)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti until firm-tender (don’t overcook); drain, and toss with 2-3 Tbsp oil (this is so the spaghetti won’t stick together).
- In a frypan, saute the bacon, onion and green pepper till the bacon is almost crisp, add in the chopped garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, tomato soup (undiluted), mushrooms and cooked ham or chicken (if using), add in salt and pepper to taste, stir to combine.
- Add in the corn to the cooked spaghetti; toss.
- Then add in the tomato sauce mixture; mix well to combine with the spaghetti.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »