- 2cupscold water
- 2tablespoonsunflavored gelatin(2 pkg)
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1 1/2cupssalad dressingor mayonnaise
- yellow food coloringor green food coloring (optional)
- 1cup shreddedcabbage
- 2mediumcarrots, shredded
- 1stalkcelery, sliced
- 1green pepper
- lettuce leaves
- In a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of the cold water; stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; add sugar, salt, remaining 1 1/2 cups water and lemon juice; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add salad dressing and food coloring (if using), stir until well blended; stir in cabbage, carrots and celery.
- Cut part of the green pepper into rings and reserve for later use.
- Chop remaining green pepper and stir into salad.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold; refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, unmold onto lettuce leaves and garnish with green pepper rings.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »