- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 1stalkcelery, chopped
- 4cupswhole milk
- 1 (15 ounce)cancreamed corn
- Peel and dice potatoes into small pieces (should equal 1 c); cook until just tender; set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp; set aside to drain on paper towel; when cool, crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Discard all but 3 Tbsp bacon fat; saute onion and celery in bacon fat until soft.
- Sprinkle flour over onion and celery; cook, stirring constantly, for one minute; gradually stir in milk; bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, potatoes, bacon, and seasonings; serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »