- 1wholechicken, cut up
- 4stalkscelery, sliced
- 1/2-3/4onion, chopped
- 1/2cupbutteror margarine
- 2tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- 3cupsthin egg noodles(uncooked)
- 1cuphalf-and-half or milk, to reduce fat
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, cover chicken with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minute or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from broth (reserving broth), bone chicken and discard the skin and bones, setting chicken aside.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until soft, then add flour and cook until golden brown.
- Add reserved broth, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- When noodles are tender, stir in the chicken meat and the half& half (or milk) until heated thru.
- Serve with warm whole wheat rolls!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »