- 1cupmargarine or butter, softened
- 1cup plainCrisco shortening
- 4-5cupsicing sugar(more or less)
- 2tablespoonswhipping cream, unwhipped
- 1/2teaspoonalmond extract (optional)
- In a heavy duty stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the margarine or butter and the shortening for 3-4 minutes, until very soft and creamy.
- Add in the icing sugar, starting with 1 cup; beat until smooth.
- Add in whipping cream and vanilla; beat until very smooth and fluffy, adding more icing sugar to achieve the desired texture; beat for 4-5 minutes.
- Use as a filling for cakes, and also fantastic as a filling for jelly roll cakes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »