- 3 1/2cups cookedtomatoes(cut into chunks, stew over medium heat 15-20 min. WITHOUT using added water)
- 1 1/2cups choppedonions
- 1clovegarlic, crushed
- 1/2teaspoondried rosemary
- 1/2teaspoondried basil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3tablespoonsdry sherry
- 1/4teaspoonhoney(to neutralize the acid of the tomatoes)
- 4ouncescream cheese
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook the onions and garlic in the butter with the salt until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the herbs and pepper, and saute a few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sherry and honey.
- Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add to the hot soup.
- Continue cooking and stir until smooth.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »