- 2boneless skinless chicken breast halves(not the monstrous ones, the “halved” ones)
- 2tablespoons softenedcream cheese
- 3green onions, minced
- 4tablespoons choppedfresh oreganoor fresh sageor fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- 1egg, beaten with
- 1/4 plaindried breadcrumb(like Progresso)
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 2tablespoons meltedbutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degres F.
- Flatten open chicken breasts; spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on one half of each breast (resist the temptation to use more– a little cream cheese goes a looooooong way!).
- Evenly distribute the fresh herbs on top of that and season with salt and pepper.
- “Fold”the chicken breasts back up and press tightly, tucking in cream cheese a bit.
- In a shallow dish, combine the 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper, paprika and flour.
- In another dish, pour the beaten egg mixture.
- In a third dish, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- First dip chicken breasts in flour mixture, then beaten egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet, drizzle about a tablespoon of melted butter on each breast and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »